Buffalo Back Ribs
4 hours 5 minutes
There's plenty of different delicious meals you can make with our various cuts of Buffalo meat.
We're going to show you our delicious Buffalo Back Ribs recipe. Perfect for a special occasion, or to make a regular night special.
Here's how you make our Delicious Buffalo Back Ribs:
- 1 cup liquid smoke
- 6 ounces dark, heavy beer
- 2 ounces chili flakes
- 2 ounces sea salt
- 2 ounces Italian seasoning
- 1 ounce freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
2 racks Buffalo Ribs (about 5 pounds each)
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 2 ounces cayenne
- 2 ounces horseradish
- 2 ounces brown sugar
- 2 ounces liquid smoke
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the marinade: In a large bowl, mix 1 cup water, the liquid smoke, beer, chili flakes, sea salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and bay leaves. Place the ribs in a large pan and pour the marinade over. Marinate the ribs overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Bake the ribs in the oven, semi-slow and low, for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Pull out the ribs, and rest them for 1 hour, reserving any liquids at the bottom of the pan.
- For the sauce: In a large bowl mix the au jus from the baked ribs, the ketchup, honey, cayenne, horseradish, sugar, smoke, and some salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. To serve, grill to char the ribs, 5 to 8 minutes. Add on some of the barbecue sauce, and serve.