Buffalo Flank Steak with Homemade Tomatillo Salsa
What’s bold and beautiful?
The flavors of Buffalo Flank Steak and fresh-as-it-gets salsa.
There’s a natural affinity between this pairing — the rich, robust taste of Buffalo Flank Steak and the zesty acidity of salsa.
To enhance the juiciness and flavor of the steak, we recommend rubbing it with a carefully-crafted seasoning blend. This simple step not only adds depth and tenderness to the meat but also forms a flavorful crust that seals in the succulence during cooking.
- 7 tomatillos
- 6 jalapeños (use poblano peppers for less spice)
- 1 shallot
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Sea salt
- Pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Olive oil
- Homemade seasoning or your favorite beef rub
Homemade Seasoning Ingredients
Flank Steak Ingredients
- Salsa Instructions
- Boil a pot of water and add your tomatillos and jalapeños. Boil for ~ 5 minutes and then remove from the water and allow them to cool. While they're cooling, add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and chop them. Put the chopped ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Next, add your tomatillos and jalapeños (with the stems removed) to the food processor and chop them. Combine them with the other ingredients. Tada! You've made your salsa. Set it aside and begin preparing your steak.
- Flank Steak Instructions
- Preheat a pan with a little olive oil over medium heat. Remove the flank steak from the package and pat all sides dry with a paper towel. Season the steak with your homemade seasoning, or your favorite beef seasoning. Once your pan is heated, put the flank steak in the pan and cook it for ~4 minutes per side. Remember, this steak is thin so it doesn't take long to cook. Remove from the heat and rest for five minutes.
- Slice, top with the salsa, and serve! Enjoy!