Here’s a Buffalo Ribeye and Bleu Cheese Sandwich with Smoked Onions and Garlicky Baguette that is sure to please a crowd!
- 1 ea. JHBMCo. Buffalo Ribeye
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 ea. baguette, split
- 1 stick (4oz) butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ea. large, yellow onion (smoked)
- 3/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Big ‘ole handful of baby arugula
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- S/P to taste
- Throw the whole/peeled onion in your preferred smoker for an hour to get a good smoke. Slice into thin rings when finished smoking
- Pre-heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat as well as the broiler of your oven
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to the skillet and sauté the onion rings until well caramelized. Add a pinch of salt to season.
- Mix the minced garlic and softened butter and spread onto both sides of the split baguette. Place on a sheet pan, butter side up.
When the onions are nicely browned and soft. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Clean the skillet and return to the burner and heat to med/medium-high heat.
- Season the ribeye with S/P, add 1 tsp. olive oil to the pan and cook the steak to the desired doneness. We always like a rare to medium-rare! Set aside to let rest.
- Broil the baguette until golden and just starting to get toasty.
In a bowl, toss the arugula with the remaining Tbsp of olive and balsamic vinegar. Season with a small pinch of salt.
- Slice the rested ribeye thinly.
- Open up the toasty, garlicky baguette and spread the caramelized onions on the bottom half.
- Layer the sliced ribeye, the bleu cheese crumbles, and the dressed arugula and cut it into 4 pieces.