Buffalo Ribeye and Blue Cheese Sandwich
1 hour 5 minutes
Here’s a Buffalo Ribeye and Bleu Cheese Sandwich with Smoked Onions and Garlicky Baguette that is sure to please a crowd! Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue, planning a game-day feast, or simply looking to elevate your lunchtime routine, this sandwich will take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey. Get ready to indulge in layers of savory flavors, tender meat, and a hint of smokiness that will leave your guests asking for seconds and begging for the recipe!
1 ea. JHBMCo. Buffalo Ribeye
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 ea. baguette, split
- 1 stick (4oz) butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ea. large, yellow onion (smoked)
- 3/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Big ‘ole handful of baby arugula
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- S/P to taste
Throw the whole/peeled onion in your preferred smoker for an hour to get a good smoke. Slice into thin rings when finished smoking
- Pre-heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat as well as the broiler of your oven
- - Add 1 tsp olive oil to the skillet and sauté the onion rings until well caramelized. Add a pinch of salt to season.
- Mix the minced garlic and softened butter and spread onto both sides of the split baguette. Place on a sheet pan, butter side up.
- When the onions are nicely browned and soft. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Clean the skillet and return to the burner and heat to med/medium-high heat.
- Season the ribeye with S/P, add 1 tsp. olive oil to the pan and cook the steak to the desired doneness. We always like a rare to medium-rare! Set aside to let rest.
- Broil the baguette until golden and just starting to get toasty.
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with the remaining Tbsp of olive and balsamic vinegar. Season with a small pinch of salt.
- Slice the rested ribeye thinly.
- Open up the toasty, garlicky baguette and spread the caramelized onions on the bottom half.
- Layer the sliced ribeye, the bleu cheese crumbles, and the dressed arugula and cut it into 4 pieces.