Beer Roasted Elk
This meal is simple and elegant, and it's a nice change from turkey or chicken. Just keep an eye on the time because elk cook much more quickly. If you don't want to serve turkey this holiday season, try this tasty substitute. Simply bake them and you'll have a work of art for the center of your table.
- 1 elk roast or chuck (3-4 lbs)
- 1 onion sliced
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 2 c. tbsp brown sugar
- 1 or more cloves of garlic
- 12 oz. beer (add more if necessary, it's a holiday anyway!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the roast in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Cover with onion rings.
- In a bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic and beer, pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 350 ° F. For 3 ½ to 4 hours.
- When serving, make sure to pour the beer sauce over and serve with mashed potatoes.