“Turf n Surf” Buffalo Ribeye & Calabrian Chili Wild Gulf Shrimp Scampi
Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co
Ready for a meal that feels like you're on vacation? We’ve got you covered for the “Turf” part of this recipe for Cast Iron Seared Buffalo Ribeye with Calabrian Chili & Wild Gulf Shrimp Scampi.
1ea. JHBMCo. buffalo ribeye
- 1/2# shrimp, thawed/shelled/deveined
- 2 Tbsp good olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp Calabrian chili, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chive & parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
Pre-heat a cast iron pan over med-high heat.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp. of the olive oil and liberally coat the JHBMCo. buffalo ribeye. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the steak in the pan for approx. 3 minutes or until a nice crust forms. Flip and finishing cooking until desired doneness. (we recommend med/rare!)
- Rest the steak for at least 5 minutes.(‘bout the time it’ll take to finish the shrimp).
- Smear a Tbsp of butter on the steak while it rests!
- Wipe clean the pan and heat to medium.
- Add remaining olive oil, 1 Tbsp butter, garlic, shallot, chili and cook for approx. 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add shrimp and cook for approx. 1 minute, then deglaze with white wine and lemon and reduce the cooking liquid by half (approx. 1 min.) and the shrimp are just cooked through.
- Turn-off heat, stir-in remaining butter, herbs and season to taste.
- Slice your JHBMCo. Buffalo Ribeye and smother with the Shrimp and Calabrian Chili Scampi.