Welcome to a straightforward and flavorful Bison t-bone steak recipe that takes your grilling experience to the next level. If you're eager to learn how to cook bison steak on the grill, this simple yet delicious approach is tailor-made for you. Our easy Bison T-bone grill recipe not only highlights the natural richness of buffalo meat but also introduces the perfect pairing – caramelized onions.
Grilled Bison T-Bone Steak with Caramelized Onions
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Impress your guests or treat yourself to a T-bone steak perfectly seared on the grill, enhanced by a simple bison steak seasoning and perfectly complemented by the sweet and savory goodness of caramelized onions. We'll show you how to cook bison steak, so with minimal effort you can create a grilled buffalo meat masterpiece that promises satisfaction and culinary delight.
2 T-bone Buffalo steaks
2 tbsp Butter
- 1 or 2 springs each or any rosemary, thyme and oregano
- 2 cloves garlic whole peeled
- 2 medium onions, white, red or sweet
Salt and Pepper to taste
Take steaks out 45 min before you plan to cook to allow them to reach room temperature.
Lightly oil the steaks and then generously season with salt and pepper or your favorite steak spice. Let them marinate in the seasoning while you get working on caramelizing some onions.
Thinly slice your onions, peel the garlic cloves and wash the herbs.
Heat a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter, then add the onions, garlic and herbs.
- Reduce the heat the medium and let the onions caramelize, stirring gently every 5 min or so. Don’t rush this step, it takes time for the onions to break down and become golden.
Preheat your grill to about 450°F (searing temp).
Place the steaks on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat and then check the temperature. You may need to grill over medium heat for an additional few minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the steaks.
Pull the Steaks 10° less than your desired doneness. We recommend pulling at 125F for a perfect med-rare.
Let them rest! They will continue to cook as they rest and the juices will redistribute.
Slice the steak in thick even slices.
Enjoy with a pile of beautifully caramelized onions and your favorite sides.