Buffalo Tri Tip with Bell Pepper Chimichurri
Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co
- 2 lb. Buffalo Tri Tip
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
Buffalo Tri-Tip with Bell Pepper Chimichurri
Bell Pepper Chimichurri
- In a bowl combine the granulated garlic, chopped rosemary, black pepper and salt. Brush the Tri Tip with olive oil and rub the seasoning mix over the meat. Cover in plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight. Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- In a bowl combine all chimichurri ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Return to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Set the Tri Tip on the grill grates and close the lid cooking for 15 minutes. Turn the meat and insert a meat thermometer. Over the next 10-15 minutes, check the temperature regularly, aiming for an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees, or medium rare. At that point, remove the Tri Tip, set on a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, allowing internal juices to settle. Believe us, it's worth the extra wait time!
- Thinly slice the Bison Tri-Tip and serve the bell pepper chimichurri over the meat.