Easy Peri-Peri Buffalo Lasagna
Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co
A spicy lasagna recipe made with JHBMC ground buffalo meat that is designed to make grocery shopping simple, with no fancy kitchen tools or skills required. You can easily adjust the peri-peri sauce depending on how spicy you want the dish to be.
1 ½ pound Bulk Buffalo Burger
- ½ pound lean ground pork
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce (such as Hunt's®)
- 1 can (6 ounces) no-salt-added tomato paste (such as Hunt's®)
- 1 cup low sodium salsa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peri-peri chili pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (16 ounces) package creamed cottage cheese
- 1 (12 ounces) box oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
In a hot skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the ground buffalo and pork until browned and crumbly, for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Sauté in the garlic and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are soft. Stir in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, peri-peri sauce, salsa, water, and Italian seasoning.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer meat sauce, occasionally stirring for approximately 1 hour or until thickened and flavorful.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Put in a microwave-safe bowl. Put frozen spinach in the microwave and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until steaming and no water is left in the bowl. Let cool then stir in cottage cheese.
- On a a 9x13-inch baking pan, spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of . Add a layer of noodles, spread another layer of meat sauce, and add a layer of noodles. Top it with the spinach-cheese mixture, another layer of noodles, and redo the process of layering the meat sauce, lasagna noodles and spinach-cheese mixture in the baking pan
- Finish it off by adding shredded Italian cheese blend on top and covering the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven. After 40 minutes, uncover and continue baking for about 15 minutes more or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!