Who doesn't love a delicious crockpot meal? Easy to make and you can feed a large family or enjoy the meal for days. You can also freeze it to save for later. I can tell you, Buffalo Stew is one of our favorites here at Jackson Hole Buffalo Meats!
Crock Pot Buffalo Stew
Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat
Comfort food at its best! Cooking buffalo meat slow and low like this makes it tender and delicious!
2 lbs Buffalo stew meat
- 2 Parsnips
- 4 Potatoes
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 1/2 cups (28oz) canned crushed or diced tomatoes
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1) Wash, peel and dice parsnips, potatoes, carrots and celery to 3/4 inch pieces.
- 2) Add to the bottom of the crockpot.
- 3) Slice onions and garlic and add to crockpot.
- 4) Add Buffalo meat to the crockpot on top of veggies.
- 5) Add seasonings, tomatoes, and broth to crockpot.
- 6) Turn the crockpot to low and cook for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- 7) Wait to add salt and pepper until the end of the cooking cycle.