Buffalo Back Ribs
4 hours 5 minutes
Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co
There's plenty of different delicious meals you can make with our various cuts of Buffalo meat.
We're going to show you our delicious Buffalo Back Ribs recipe. Perfect for a special occasion, or to make a regular night special.
Here's how you make our Delicious Buffalo Back Ribs:
- 1 cup liquid smoke
- 6 ounces dark, heavy beer
- 2 ounces chili flakes
- 2 ounces sea salt
- 2 ounces Italian seasoning
- 1 ounce freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
2 racks Buffalo Ribs (about 5 pounds each)
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 2 ounces cayenne
- 2 ounces horseradish
- 2 ounces brown sugar
- 2 ounces liquid smoke
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the marinade: In a large bowl, mix 1 cup water, the liquid smoke, beer, chili flakes, sea salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and bay leaves. Place the ribs in a large pan and pour the marinade over. Marinate the ribs overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Bake the ribs in the oven, semi-slow and low, for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Pull out the ribs, and rest them for 1 hour, reserving any liquids at the bottom of the pan.
- For the sauce: In a large bowl mix the au jus from the baked ribs, the ketchup, honey, cayenne, horseradish, sugar, smoke, and some salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. To serve, grill to char the ribs, 5 to 8 minutes. Add on some of the barbecue sauce, and serve.