Here’s an easy recipe for our buffalo meatloaf that’s sure to comfort you on these chilly autumn days 🦬🍂
Buffalo Meat Loaf with Smokey Ketchup Glaze
- 1# JHBMCo. ground buffalo
- 1# ground pork
*give us a call to check on our availability of ground wild boar to really make this meatloaf special!
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 2 ea. celery ribs, small dice
- 1/2 white onion, small dice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Smokey Ketchup Glaze
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp of the smokey adobo sauce from canned chipotle chilies
- 1 tsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- mix thoroughly
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Start by slowly sautéing the carrot, celery, onion and garlic on low heat until the vegetables are just starting to soften, then transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl once the vegetables have cooled and lightly mix everything until it’s all incorporated and evenly mixed.
- Lightly oil two mini (3”x6”) loaf pans or one standard loaf pan and lightly pack the meatloaf mix into the pans, being sure there are no air pockets or gaps.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes or an internal temperature of 160F is reached, then remove and glaze with the smokey ketchup and return to the oven for 15 more minutes to finish setting the glaze.
- Can be served immediately from the oven with the usual suspects like mashed potatoes, brown gravy and collard greens or saved for the next day for a delicious meatloaf sandwich on toast!